Important News and Updates
Something Blue Campaign
There is so much information overload on COVID 19. So to simplify things, here is my take on the top 7 things you need to know if you live in Mississauga
1. Parking lots inside the city parks are being closed (In some cases the only way to close the parking lot may be to close the park entrance to cars). However, you can still enjoy the parks by foot and go for walks as long as you maintain social distancing. Note, park amenities like playgrounds are also off limits.
2. If you are over 70, the recommendation is to voluntarily self-isolate to the extent possible (walks are ok with social distancing, but avoid grocery shopping if possible). If you need help with delivery of essentials please let me know at 905-896-5700 or email email@example.com and I will provide you with volunteers and organizations who are doing deliveries of groceries and medicines.
3. Fines starting at $750 for anyone not observing social distancing. Social distancing requires people to stay 6 feet apart and be in groups of 5 or less. These rules do not apply to people who live together. So for example, a family of six can be together and walk close together. If you have concerns about residents who may not be following social distancing, call 311.
4. Your property taxes and storm water charges have been deferred for 3 months. If you want to take advantage of this deferral, you don't have to do anything. The city will automatically defer your post dated cheques or the automatic withdrawals you have set up. If you would however, like to keep paying and not defer your payments, please call 311 and they will walk you through the steps you need to take.
5. 91-day grace period for water bill payments due from April 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020. There will be no late payment charges during this time.
6. Free transit: You can ride MiWay for free. PRESTO, ticket and cash fares are not required until further notice. Practice social distancing.
7. Suspension of parking enforcement for • On-street time limits such as five and 15 hour parking • Overnight 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. parking restrictions • Overnight permits are not required until further notice
I will be sending updates regularly to you about COVID 19 measures. To subscribe to my newsletter please click on Newsletter and Sign-up on this page at the top.
My staff, Nada, Mumtaz and I are working full time and can be reached between 8:30 am and 4 pm Monday to Friday. All you have to do is call 905-896-5700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us.
Every Tuesday between 7 pm and 9 pm, I am available by chat at https://www.dipikadamerla.ca/ just click on the chat now box in the bottom right corner. Please note to get me live please use the chat function between 7 PM and 9 PM every Tuesday.